I arrived safely in Mozambique on Friday the 28th after a few days on a safari in Johannesburg, and I love it here at the Village of Joy! We have had a lot of classes on the Father heart of Gd, and all of us have been getting wrecked in a really good way. Heidi taught us the other day in class about our identity as sons and daughters, and it was very powerful. There have been lots of tears as the Lord is healing hearts. I've been practicing Portuguese with my friend Mamoodo and some of the kids here at the center. Thankfully they are very patient with me! Life and culture is very different here and time has really slowed down. Our leaders have placed all 300 of us students into twenty different color groups which include harvest school students and also Mozambican Pastors. Each weekend two color groups are sent out into the bush-bush to witness to smaller bush tribes who have never heard the gospel. A team just went out this past weekend, and prayed for the sick and saw sight restored, and a lump on a woman's neck shrink! There has already been so much unity in our group, and I'm so excited for when we go on outreach! I will let you guys know when my outreach weekend is so that y'all can be praying for us! I've been having a blast playing with the kids here at the Village of Joy, and also the street kids. I'm excited for nine more weeks here! I just learned about 25+ different practical missions areas here at the base that I can help serve in while I'm here. Some areas I can potentially help in are teaching preschoolers basic schooling, teaching young girls dance, working with hospitality team for visitors that come through, visiting prisons and jails to minister to people there, and doing street ministry and evangelism. I'm excited to begin helping more in a few of these areas. Some prayer requests are: For more revelation of the Fathers heart and realizing my identity as a daughter of God. For upcoming outreach weekend, and for the teams that go out each weekend that Father would move in healing and miracles and that many people would be saved. There will be more testimonies to come!
Blessings,
Joy Henning
No comments:
Post a Comment