Help send me to Africa!

Friday, November 2, 2012

Another Africa Update! =]


         So much has been happening here at the Harvest School! It’s November 2nd, and I’m looking back wondering how October flew by so quickly. Our classes have been so great as the long-term missionaries and staff members here at Iris have been sharing their testimonies and stories. There have been speakers from all over, and each brings a different flavor. I get so excited as I hear their stories about how they obey and follow G0d, and their lives are full of adventure with the L0rd! It has made me so hungry inside for more of Je$u$! Just Je$u$! I just want Him to take my life and use it however He wants. Friday’s have also been a highlight because I get to help with the Village Kids Discipleship here on the Iris base. We sing songs, do B1ble skits, and play with the kids. There are always about 3-5 kids hanging on us at a time. =] It’s a wonderful time to connect with the kids from the nearby village.

                           Here’s a little update from my outreach weekend!
A couple weekends ago, my Color Group (which is made up of Harvest School students, and the Mozambican P@stors training here at the B1ble school) went on outreach. We climbed onto the back of two trucks, and drove to a village 3 hours away. When we arrived, we were greeted by a bunch of curious kids, some of which have probably never seen people with white skin before. 
Both nights we were there, the village people gathered to watch the Je$u$ film on a projector screen. It is a film that goes through the whole life of Je$u$ in their language. We prayed for people to get healing at the end, and a lot of people said they felt better, and the second night a lot of people received Je$u$ as their savior! The next day we walked from house to house throughout the village and talked to people, and praying for them. We talked with lots of people, and it was so much fun just to sit with them in their huts and pray for them and bless them. They were so beautiful! As I was walking, a little phrase popped into my head: “Jewels in the dirt.” I just began to think about each little child and adult, and view them as jewels in the hands of our Father, each one being SO valuable and SO beautiful, even in the midst of extreme poverty. It was cool, Je$u$ loves that village so much! As we prayed for people, G0d moved in cool ways, and we saw the L0rd touch a blind woman. She was completely blind and could see nothing, but after prayer, she was able to identify our team and point out people individually, so there was slight improvement. It was wild though, and a total miracle!! My faith shot up. The L0rd impacted a lot of people that weekend. There is a small Iris church in that village that got planted there about 6 years ago, and they are reaching out to the community, and discipling the people there. We had a meeting in it the morning before we left, and we had a big dance party, and you could feel the presence of G0d so strong in that chrch! Dance is such a big part of their culture, and you could feel freedom and joy in the atmosphere! It was a great weekend.

So far, this school has been great! I’ve really learned to appreciate the simple things that I take advantage of back at home, like having running water, working bathrooms, and electricity. Here it is such a treat to have running water! Sometimes, the whole towns water source gets cut off for days. I’ve gotten used to being dirty pretty much all the time=] but I’ve had so much fun. I’m just excited for more that G0d has for this time set apart here for all of us students. It’s been an adventure so far in Africa!

No comments:

Post a Comment