As you may know, for the past two years I have been living in Kansas City, involved at the International House of Prayer’s mission base. I completed one year of their Bible University, then was a part of a traveling missions group of young adults, and we traveled many places throughout the U.S., some parts of Canada, and Mexico. After completing both of those programs, I have recently moved back home to St. Louis with my family, and strongly feel that the Lord is leading me to a mission base in Mozambique, Africa!
I recently got accepted to a school in Africa called the Iris Harvest School. This is a 2-3 month intense missionary training school from October 1st-December 6th, based at an orphanage in Pemba, Mozambique, led by Heidi and Roland Baker. It is on-site training for the mission field! Our days, nights, and weekends will be very full with classes taught by speakers from all over the world, ministry projects, weekend outreaches to bush tribes, small groups, etc. We will also spend a great deal of time with the orphans at the base, and help serve the poor there in that region. The work this mission’s base is accomplishing is amazing, and I am SO excited to join them!
However, I cannot do this alone. Right now, I have until August 25th to raise $6,000 needed to cover tuition, the plane ticket, and other expenses for my total stay, but I know that where the Lord guides, He provides! Would you pray about supporting me financially, and help launch me into the missionary work in Africa?
You can contact me anytime at joyhenning93@gmail.com
And you can donate through Paypal by simply clicking the "Donate" button at the top of this blog page.
Matthew 9:37-38 “The harvest truly is plentiful, but the laborers are few. Therefore pray the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest.”
Blessings!
Joy Henning
No comments:
Post a Comment